Glenbow Museum is accessible to physically disabled patrons.
Find out more about guidelines for school groups visiting Glenbow Museum.
Wheel Chair Access
Glenbow is wheel chair accessible and has two (2) wheel chairs available, free of charge, for visitor use. Photo ID or Credit Card needed for deposit.
For our guest's comfort, we have a complimentary Coat Check located just outside of the the Information Desk with lockers that will accommodate most items.
The following items must be checked in the Coat Check:
- all backpacks
- all large shopping bags and parcels
- all umbrellas
The following items are allowed on the exhibit floors:
- any emergency medication (such as inhalers for asthma)
- all purses and wallets
- all small shopping bags
- all camera bags
- all diaper bags
Visiting with a Family
- Babies and children are very welcome at Glenbow.
- You are welcome to bring your stroller and use it in all gallery spaces at Glenbow.
- Breastfeeding mothers are welcome to nurse anywhere in the museum. If you would prefer a private room, please ask one of our security representatives and they will help you find a comfortable location.
- Meals, snacks or drinks brought to Glenbow for toddlers and older children can be enjoyed in the main lobby area.
- There are diaper changing areas on each of the exhibition floors, in both the men's and women's washrooms.
Library and Archives
The following items must be checked:
- all backpacks
- all shopping bags and parcels
The following items are allowed:
- all lap top computers
- all writing material (pens, paper, etc.)
- all briefcases
NOTE: Exceptions to the Library and Archives bag policy will be allowed when a staff member of the Library or Archives permits the exception. Visitor Services staff can request an exception on behalf of a visitor by contacting a staff member of the Library or Archives. Only Library and Archives staff are permitted to allow exceptions.
Camera / Media Policy
Personal-use photography is encouraged at Glenbow. As you take photos, please keep the safety of the art collection in mind and be courteous to other visitors.
- Still photography for personal use with a cell phone or handheld camera is permitted in all Glenbow's permanent collection galleries.
- Flash photography is prohibited.
- Photography in temporary exhibitions may be restricted or prohibited. Signage will be posted in areas where photography is not permitted.
- Use of a tripod, extension pole (selfie stick) or similar accessories are not permitted at any time.
Photographs may not be published, sold, reproduced, transferred, distributed, or otherwise used for commercial purposes. For questions regarding Rights and Reproduction, please contact email@example.com
The Glenbow Museum has been a smoke free building since April 1, 1991. This includes all public areas, offices, storage areas, work areas, and washrooms. This policy is an enforcement of The City Of Calgary By-Law # 57M92.